To our families and community members,
Welcome to the 2022-2023 school year! We at Barnwell School District 45 could not be successful without the support of our community and all of you. We are so appreciative, and from the bottom of our hearts, we thank you!
Barnwell School District 45 is committed to preparing students for lifelong success by promoting individualized learning experiences. The core values that drive us each day are Innovation, Integrity, Investment, and Community. As a district, we value continuous improvement and we believe that education is a shared responsibility of the student, the school, the home, and the community. Barnwell School District 45 views the Profile of the South Carolina Graduate as a shared vision of the knowledge, skills, and characteristics needed for our students to be successful in their future pathways, whether that be college or career.
As a district, we continue to thank our stakeholders and Barnwell 45 Family for their continued support of our schools. We feel our people are our greatest resources, and this includes not only our students but also our staff, our families, and our community members. We are grateful to live in a community that wraps their arms around our schools and partners with us to help our students be successful and grow academically, emotionally, and socially. Our district takes very seriously our responsibility to prepare our students for their future, and we continually seek ways to provide increased opportunities for the students in Barnwell School District 45. Working together with our stakeholders, our community, and our families, we take great pride in assisting our students as they grow and develop into our future South Carolina graduates and leaders.
Crissie Stapleton, Ed.D.
Superintendent, Barnwell School District 45
Sealed Bid Auction
2022-2023 Press Releases:
2021-2022 Press Releases:
- "BSD45 Lead School Psychologist Awarded Mental Health Practitioner Grant" - 3/18/22
- "Mr. DeWayne Eubanks is Recognized as a Champion for Children" - 3/14/22
- "The Year of the Tiger at BPS" - 3/11/22
- "New Sounds of Music at Barnwell Elementary School" - 3/4/22
- "BHS’ Charlie Zorn Chosen as News Channel 6 Scholar Athlete" - 3/2/22
- "Warhorse Student-Athlete Russell Branch Named Top 5 Basketball Player in State" - 12/17/21
- "BHS Student Attends International Business Roundtable on Apprenticeships in the U.S." - 12/16/21
- "District Receives Positive Fiscal Year 21 Audit Report" - 12/10/21
- "BSD45 Announces 15 Grant Awards from the Tri-County Community Foundation" - 11/19/21
- "BHS Senior Recognized Statewide" - 11/12/21
- "Two BHS Students Selected as State Leaders for SCTSA" - 11/5/21
- "Guinyard-Butler Middle School Teacher Selected for STAR" - 10/29/21
- "BSD45 Superintendent Shares Positive Fiscal Overview of the District" - 10/25/21
- "Warhorse Alumni Support Students Across the District" - 10/15/21
- "BSD45 Schools Celebrate National School Lunch Week" - 10/4/21
- "BSD45 Unveils Changes to the District's Vision and Mission" - 10/1/21
- "BSD45 Acknowledged for Fiscal and Programmatic Success" - 9/24/21
- "BSD45 Spirit Pump Continues to Provide Increased Programming for Schools" - 9/21/21
- "BSD45 SCSBA BI Level Recognition" - 9/9/21
- "BSD45 Announces New Changes to the Transportation Department" - 9/7/21
- "SRNS Loaned Professional Will Focus on BSD45 Wellness" - 9/3/21
Click the link below to receive the latest news and updates from Barnwell School District 45 or manage your subscription.
REGISTER FOR SCHOOL:
To enroll your child, you must have the following documentation:
1 - Completed Enrollment Form
2 - Completed Language Survey
3 - Certified birth certificate (long form)
4- Updated SC Immunization Record
5 - Guardian picture ID (with current residence listed)
6 - Two current DATED proofs of residence
(One proof must be current rental agreement or tax receipt; Other proof of residence may be: Electric Bill, Mortgage Statement, Water Bill or DSS Letter).
For information regarding student enrollment, please contact the school of enrollment:
Barnwell Primary (Grades PK-3) - Principal Donna Selvey at 803-541-1343
Barnwell Elementary (Grades 4-6) - Principal Kay Gooding at 803-541-1287
Guinyard Butler Middle (Grades 7-8) - Principal Jon Burdge at 803-541-1376
Barnwell High (Grades 9-12) - Principal Franklin McCormack at 803-541-1406